Doors of Welcome

Today is the first in the series "Doors of Welcome". And though it is fall we do the Halloween before we do the big autumn display. It is too hard to do the fall display then take it down for 3 weeks. So, here is our Halloween porch. It is a bit smaller this year as I was just not up to the big theatrics we normally pull off. But it will do and it is nice. Sorry for the not so good pictures- camera stinks and weather has been rainy all week. Here goes.
Welcome to our spooky porch..love the feather wreath.


Our scary grim reaper greets everyone as they enter - he kinda freaks the mailman out so we don't have him turned on to speak when someone approaches right now.
Our bakers rack has been taken over by a large spider with an awesome web and bats hang from the lights.


 
Here our other skeleton friend keeps eye over the other side of the porch. No getting to our door unless you deal with one of the scary people. She moves with the wind and sometimes is looking in the house or watching the front yard. Be wary she has her eye on you at all times. 

Along the side of the porch another huge spider has woven her web. She has blocked in the porch so no one can escape her. I don't think the jack-o-lanterns feel threatened by her though.


As you leave the porch to go down the stairs to the front porch our wagon has been taken over by skeletal remains.


We have a group of ghosts that dance around in the garden. They are quiet for the most part and do not cause any problems. The dead arms reaching from the underworld are another story all together. Creepy.



More body parts - and wow what a huge skull. His eerie eyes blink red at night.


This person was never fully buried so he just scares small children on a daily basis. We really should give him the proper burial he deserves don't you think?


Ahh it is ghoulish here at the Yarborough House. Hope to see many of you on Halloween.


Happy Halloween all and join us again November 15th for the second in the series of Doors of Welcome. We will be all ready for Thanksgiving then - all fall and lovely.
Until then...be careful you never know what might jump out and grab you.

19 comments:

  1. Tammy that looks awesome! I wish I had just half of your energy, girl!
    ~ Heather
    (from C&B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very spooky! I love your front porch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again you have out done yourself! Pretty spooky looking! I know the kids must just love it...

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! This is AWESOME! Very scarey - love the spiker "trapping" people! Very spooky! Love it!
    Karen @ Some Days Are Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm chuckling at your delightful spooky decorations. So very clever! Love your porch...porches are the best. Enjoy your lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've really out done yourself! I bet the kids love your house! Very spooky!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW I can't believe my eyes, I'd be scared if I lived next door to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love every ounce of the spooky fun. The skeletons are darling and frightening at the same time. That wagon disply is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your porch is very festive. It is ready for all of the little goblins to come by. Great job. Stop by. I have just opened Cottage Loft Boutique. Hugs, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! If this isn't going all out...I don't know whtat is! Looks great! BEYOND great, actually! I was late and my blog isn't listed anymore but if you'd like to see my lil bit, come on over!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love it! You guys go all out, how fun and still looks classy! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! That is soooo AMAZING!! What a wonderful treat (or scare) for your visitors. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whooooooooo! Muuah ha ha ha! Whooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! It's awesome and spooky! LOVE it! Great job!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's the scaled back version? Wow! I think I saw those ghosts dancing down the street from here today.
    Hugs,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tammy,SSSSSOOOOOO Spooky... Love it all...
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh MY! MY kiddies would love, love, love to live at your house! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Halloween Decor! The Black wreath is my favorite. Thanks for sharing. Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your Halloween Decorations! I had a ghost hanging from my porch last year, looked just like that! The dancing ghosts in the garden are amazing. Can I ask what you put under those sheets ?
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I am new to yours and will definitely follow along!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete