MIA and lots of twists and turns

Well all- the yard sale went fine. Sold some junk and not some other junk. :( Didn't sell the huge piano that we have so here goes the funny- we are going to disassemble it for parts. Yes you heard right. Going to tear it up. It weighs a ton, needs work to it and we can't get it off the porch except to come back in the house so it will be converted to something else. What I am not sure but it will be fun to see what it will become.

Also, went to IKEA yesterday and got my apron sink, my faucet, counter tops and lots of kitchen goodies. The counter tops are oak so we are going to sand them then stain them a nice dark color. Today cabinets get delivered - but the best news - well not really is my car comes out of the shop- yes it needed a new ac compressor- so that is $2K we did not plan on spending at this time..that hurt.

Well I hope to have some good pictures either later today or tomorrow- until then know that I am not missing just lost among a pile of kitchen junk :) Oh and wow do I love IKEA...except for the 3 hour drive to and from.

4 comments:

  1. Tammy - a lot of work, but once that kitchen is together it will be fantastic!

    Can't wait to see what you come up with for the piano!

    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ikea makes an apron sink???

    No way.

    A kitchen apron sink? Is it on their website?

    I don't have an Ikea anywhere near me (so I have never been to one) But I could try to bribe a friend to ship one to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the new kitchen. I have an old piano I don't know what to do with either. Never thought about the parts aspect! :D Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daryl at Vermont CottageAugust 12, 2009 at 5:42 AM

    I did see a piano turned into a desk some years ago. I don't remember the details of how it all worked, but it was a really classy piece. They must have added to it somehow.

    Daryl

    ReplyDelete