what have I been up to?

Well I got most of the house work done and painting is finished except for some touch ups.
Below, I also went through tons of magazines and tore out what I wanted and sorted/organized it. Yep,took over that dining room table and went to town. 
Also, got 12 boxes from JCPenney of organizational cubes and base cabinets to put together to help out the princess' room and the craft room. That took a long time- jeesh so much Styrofoam. I mean why don't they make it illegal to use that crap- I think the air filled plastic tubes has to be easier and also better for the earth. The dang Styrofoam takes up too much space in the trash can and we can't recycle it- hate it.
Here is the system in the daughter's room. I know Ana has how-to plans on her blog and I was going to make them but then realized I already had the bases so it was easier and pretty cheap to order the cubes..they were on sale..Now, maybe the room stands a chance of being clean most of the time. :)

So, glad to be back. The break took a bit longer than I expected..you know life got involved. And with all the time off being able to do more family stuff I realized that I love blogging but love my kids more. So, I figure that I'll try to post M-F but weekends - well they are family time from now on. And heck with spring hopefully coming soon- weekly might go to M, W, F only as gardening takes a lot of time here - along with soccer and dance, etc..you know? Life.

6 comments:

  1. Tammy..
    great post!
    loved it..
    I too have scaled back on blogging.
    I love my blogging friends..
    and seeing all they've accomplished..
    but that leaves little..
    to no FREE time..
    for me to do the things I want..
    am so looking forward to spring..
    getting back into a routine..
    with my camera outings..
    like you say..
    life happens..
    enjoy to the max!
    warmest hugs..
    laughing smiles..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say blog when you are in the mood and don't worry about a schedule! Your house is so pretty! Love all that storage in your girl's room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those cubes are all just wonderful. What a great idea to help keep things in their place. I say blog when you can. I can barely do a post a couple times a week. lol Have fun and enjoy. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! It looks like Christmas with all those boxes and packaging stuff. The room looks great (& so does your dining room--love the banner on the fireplace)!

    XOXO-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know life gets in the way. From Spring til late Summer I work 7 days a week 12+ hrs a day..not much time for blogging. I am going to miss it so much! ugg
    I hate packing peanuts too. You can only save so much. They should let us recyle it at the dump:))
    xo...Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the middle of doing the magazine thing too.... they have piled up too high!

    Love the organizers in your daughter's room-- it's so satisfying to get things like that accomplished!

    ReplyDelete