Christmas homemade gifts

Time to join Kim of the NewlyWoodwards for her weekly Dare to Do It Yourself Blog Party.
Unfortunately I was unable to do the other weeks. But I made myself get-er done for this one.

. This week is homemade gifts and I have worked on a few this past week. I made a burlap banner that says Jingle Bells and has bells tied to the tip of each letter. It was extremely easy and fun. I love working with burlap - in fact I am almost out. Dang.
It ended up quite large so the kiddos had to hold it up for the photo.
Here is a closer shot of the Jingle part.


 
And here is my lovely crafting partner holding up the bells section. Notice the cute bells on the ends?

 
As I have said - I love burlap. So, I made a cute stocking while I was at it. I had so much fun with this that I think we are all getting new stockings this year. I added muslin as the cuff and then put some fun fringe on it. Topped it all off with a burlap flower.

And would it be a holiday without a tassel? I think not. So sticking with my natural elements color theme I did a brown and cream one with a "let it snow" motif. I painted the lovely snowflake with rustoleums Heirloom white - I mean seriously what else would I use? And then used lovely mod podge and some martha glitter. Love it. Gotta quit making all this cute stuff to give away :)

Lastly, my mom's house is not decorated yet. And to a whirlwind- thinks everyone should be decorated by now and done to the nines kinda gal it made me sad. So the kids and I made her a wreath today. We had dinner with them tonight and felt it would be a great thing to give her then. We had fun doing it but man does it take a lot more ornaments than I thought - and if you wait this late the dollar tree no longer has the green and red- only silver and gold. So, gold got added to the mix. My daughter would love a pink one with silver..maybe after Christmas. 

And had to end with a shot of my wreath making helpers. Aren't they cute? And no I did not pick out her outfit she did it all alone. Somehow she thinks that the blue polka dots on the shirt tie into the blue of the dress. Don't ask?

We spent the morning helping festive up my sisters house. Fun there. Will take photos when it is all done. Enjoy the week and stay warm all.


I am also linking this up to:

20 comments:

  1. Very cute... I love burlap, too. I have a few burlap projects going on at my house, too. =)

    I esp. love the stockings, the flower is perfection.

    Thanks for joining in. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I love that your family is so near and that you are helping make your Mom and Sister's homes festive, too! That's a Christmas Story! Yours and all your projects are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your burlap stalking. I made a headboard out of burlap last year and have been hooked on the stuff ever since! Cannot wait to do something like this someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can not get on the burlap kick - but I love your stockings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stocking is adorable! And I made one of those wreaths too- so simple and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the banner, and that stocking is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That banner is awesome, but I loooove the stockings! They are so cute. Nice ornament wreath too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy, you not only have a love for older homes, you have a love for burlap and you know exactly what to do with it! I love your banner. It is so unique and fun. I adore the burlap and muslin stocking, beautifully adorned with lace and a lovely little flower. Both are treasures! I love the wreath and the groovy tassle. You have really inspired me with your post today. Thank you so much for sharing your goodies today at the Boardwalk Bragfest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have deleted the other entries! Thanks for letting me know:) Can I just say that that burlap stocking is THE CUTEST!!! I LOVE it!! The banner is really fun too!! Thanks for linking today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas decorating looks so beautiful! Love me some burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You totally got me at the stocking alone. LOVE it! And the added rustic fuzziness to the cuff. I so want! Just don't have time to make. Sigh..

    Thanks for linking up to SNS!

    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like burlap too, love the stocking with the cuff and fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it all and can I say I absolitely DROOL over that red houndstooth ornament in your header--every time I come by-drool all over my computer Tammy.

    cheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. That banner is great...love the idea of jinglebells on the bottoms. And your stocking is adorable. Would love for you to link your craftiness to Mi4M :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your burlap stocking. I am featuring it at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com rB MY "FEATURED" button.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tammy,
    LOVE the burlap stocking!
    Just the right mix with the whimsical fringe and flower.

    off to see more

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete