Organization - I love it

Okay I will admit it I have a sickness. I am a type A personality and I LOVE to have things organized. So, much so that it consumes me at times. I love things in their places and to remain there. Unfortunately it is not the love of my family room. I strive or rather I expect it to be neat and tidy but am so let down because my kids don't see that it is that important.



So, this week I finally found the jars I needed. I found them at my lovely Target - they are called cracker jars and why I never saw them until they did a display for Christmas I have no idea. I still need to paint the lids so they all are the same - it will be ORB of course. But here is my ribbon.. All color coordinated.. All organized... and all Lovely. 

I would say I am full of ribbon now-so if you see me anywhere looking at ribbon or thinking about buying some just tell me "to step away from the ribbon".


Next you'll notice my two baskets that I got on clearance at Target also- they were Smith and Hawken.. Love their stuff but can only afford it on clearance. I am using these two to store my trims I use to do tassels and pillows. I have a couple more baskets that are red so they are in the process of being painted so I can add them to my organizational dream. :)
The center item is a wire birdhouse the top latches and swings open so I put the small eyelash fringe in there. Cute way to break up all the baskets..

Lastly, I'll just put in a picture of someone that I love more than organizing and is so much cuter than ribbon jars. She is 4 1/2 and has decided that she needs curly hair. Alas, she has learned about foam rollers. What a cutie. She makes her grandma proud as grandma is the queen of curlers. 



Have tons to do at my sisters house this weekend. Hope to have some major - remodel photos coming up from that. Until them - go out and conquer your clutter - just organize it.


9 comments:

  1. I love organizing too! I find a lot of fun and pleasure in putting things in order. If this is a sickness, I'm sure enjoying it! HeHe! Your little one is very VERY cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the inspiration I needed! Your shelves look beautiful.

    I spent a lot of time sleeping in foam rollers when I was young. I've finally accepted my fate...my straight, fine hair will not do what I want!

    Your chip, or should I say curl, off the ol' block is a cutie.
    Hugs,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the picture of Sophie!!! Grandma will be so proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it. I would love to have the space to have everything all organized and in such neat order. Everything looks fabulous. Good for you. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I need to hire you for about a month! LOL! My laundry room is FRIGHTENING!! And, my closet. I have been tempted by your sidebar post of things to do. Maybe if I put it out where others could see my list, I would be more inclined to try to "git 'er done." LOL. Great job on organizing and the new queen of curlers is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man oh man. I'm organized as well on the big stuff like the garage. The craft stuff is ALL OVER!!! I have too much is what I believe the problem is. (ended sentence with preposition -- sorry). Anyway, tomorrow I will work again toward achieving organization. This comment sounds ridiculous. I think it's time I go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love to organize...however my family does not! Its like using a tea cup to bail out a sinking ship! LOL Maybe one day I will convert them. Your sweet little one in curlers is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, organized shelves just stir something up inside of me! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...great job organizing! Love the inspiration. We inherited 3-4dozen mason jars with our house. I never thought of using them to store ribbon. Thanks for stopping by and following my blog.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete