Jon's desk

Well it is make over time. My son, Jon is really into gaming on the computer and our old family computer one just wasn't hacking it he said. So, he wanted to get a new computer and took the "how can you refuse me" tactic of getting one. He said, "mom I need a computer that works on the games I am willing to earn half of it can you match it?" Well how can you say no to a kid how is willing to work for it. So, he earned his half and I ponied up my half. It arrives today via the package guy- UPS. And he needed a desk. I found this lovely item below. Sorry forgot to take pictures before I took the drawers out to paint but here it is:

I thought the yellow color was quite charming - he did not agree. All his requirements consisted of were - drawer space and not girlie. You can paint anything I know you can change that. So, off to primer coat..
Then first coat of Kettle Black from Valspar.
Then after 3 coats of paint it is all done. He is not loving the hardware but I said that is easier to fix than the paint job. Now we are going to cut a big piece of thick plexi glass to go on top to keep it from getting scraped up so much. He is very excited. I can only imagine how he'll be when the "package man" gets here. Heres to you my little hustler.
This is being linked to:
Trash to Treasure at Reinvented
Do It Yourself at ASPTL
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage
Creative Cats Friday at Poppies at Play

10 comments:

  1. I love the power of paint and never get tired of seeing what others do with the furniture pieces they find! I have a similar hand-me-down desk from my FIL and was thinking about black...seeing yours helps me visualize the transformation :o) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny.. I have the EXCAT same desk that I am rehabing now.

    May your son enjoy his desk in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your desk turned out great. I have been amazed how paint can add new life to something old.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. the desk turned out great, I'm sure your son will enjoy his new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing what a little paint can do! That is an awesome desk! So much storage.
    you did a great job!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great in black! :) Thanks for the visit today...I had a little note in my post about the bugs in acorns. I've read that you're supposed to bake them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. much, much better black. gotta praise the effect paint has!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I love how your desk turned out. Paint is my BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great transformation and it makes it extra special that you did it just for him! I'm sure he loves it!

    pk @ Room Remix

    ReplyDelete