It's Monday - time for projects

It is Monday so it must be time for...
I found this cool pot rack off of Melanie's blog- My Sweet Savannah
We were redoing the kitchen and I had a huge wall that had the back of a brick fireplace behind it. We needed something there and I did not want a memo board full of clutter. I saw this and said, "that is it".

I had purchased this top portion of a buffet at an auction- where the rest of it is I am not sure and it was in the garage. It hit me- use that. The kitchen is all white with white cabinets, white bead board, white trim etc..there are touches of black on the island and the checked floor. So, I figured that bringing a bit more wood color from the floor and the counter tops would work. So, voila - here is my version of the pot rack.

Now I just need some nice sparkly new pots. :)

14 comments:

  1. Love the personality of your pot rack!!!

    :)
    Zu

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea. I love it. It really is so pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!!! And I say "yes" to new shiny pots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy :)

    Very cute! I love that :)

    The kitchen is finally done! Can I get a hallelujah?? LOL

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great knock off. that looks fab-u-lous.
    cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I love your pot rack. It is absolutely perfect in that spot. I usually don't like pot racks because they look so cluttered, but yours looks warm and handy.

    Thanks for the tip about the follower and your paint color. I'll try getting logging on from there & see if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. to make copper bottoms of old pans shine use half a lemon dipped in salt and scrub...viola shiny new pots:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! I know you will enjoy how handy it is.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea. It looks really good too. I like the wood against the white walls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it! Perfect for that spot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE IT! really great idea! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete