I am quite sure this is how my 4 year old daughter will feel in December. Not looking forward to that time.
Little Soldier Girl "Didn't Want to Let Go"

Four-year old Paige didn't want to say goodbye to her daddy before he was shipped off to Iraq

A family photo that shows a little girl beside her father and his fellow soldiers in uniform as they prepare to go to war has resonated well beyond the tight knit Bennethum clan.
Four-year-old Paige Bennethum really, really didn't want her daddy to go to Iraq.
So much so, that when Army Reservist Staff Sgt. Brett Bennethum lined up in formation at his deployment this July, she couldn't let go. No one had the heart to pull her away.

to read more go here.

6 comments:

  1. Very moving photo. Glen Beck had a u tube video last night from military moms that was awesome. I think it may be up on his web site. As a military Mom I know too well the effect upon the children. You said your husband was deploying in December. I hope not until after Christmas. You may want to sign up for Baking Gals for your husband. If you have a team for your husband email me so that I can take a baking spot. It would be my pleasure to help out.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. So touching. My brother-in-law just got back in August. It's just so hard on the families.

    ReplyDelete