Sneak Peek at Kitchen re- do

Kitchen and most of everything else has been slow going. I have been sick and now Jon is sick - taking him to the doctor this morning. Well a few things need to be finished. Like the counter and corbels on the island. Then of course clean up and putting everything back in. But here are a few sneak peek pictures to tide you over.

Here is the island. Now I initially wanted it to go against the wall but hubby was against cutting the door molding so it is out about 10 inches..wasted space I say- preserved molding he says.
We are hoping to get the counter top on tonight- it is one heavy piece of butcher block that needs to be cut down..tough job. 

Just a sneak peek at the other side of the kitchen.

Small peek at the open shelving on one side..this is for glasses..

Well hope to have more to show - I am tired from working on stuff for our show in about 2 weeks. And then getting the kitchen done. My house is a mess with all this stuff everywhere and I do not do well with clutter and chaos. Not sure I will do another show unless I have a work room outside for all the furniture. I do not like my house being in shambles to accommodate the furniture. Have a lot to do this week - middle son is home on a three week break while the other two are in school. He is on the year round track. Should be chaotic and fun - :)
Oh and my best friend arrives in 9 days - I can not wait...a sanity visit.
Well off to clean and make the kitchen presentable..chat a bit more later on.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Tammy, it looks fantastic. I know, I know... it's not done yet, but you are very, very close.

    Take care and enjoy your day!
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great, Tammy! Can't wait to see it all done. Sure hope all of you get to feeling better. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really looking good. You certainly will deserve a break when your friend comes for a visit. Have fun with your friend.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous... funny how you two view the 10 inch space so differently. Love the open shelves for glasses!

    ReplyDelete