What is a work zone really?

What is a work zone? For some lucky people it is a nice enclosed area in which to create. I am fortunate enough to have that in the house- it is my craft room. But for the more dirty work - like sanding and painting well I am a tent dweller. Some call it a tent; others a tarp. But it is all the same. Canvas draped over poles held up by ropes anchored in the ground. It provides me some relief from the sun and rain and it holds off the wind. My dad loaned this to me to use and well use it I have been doing. Hubby wants to keep the garage paint free- okay I can understand that. I guess :)

Notice all the chairs lined up? Well I am a sucker for a lonely, mismatched or orphaned chair at an auction, garage sale, thrift shop or side of the road dump. Thus the name of my business- the orphan chair. Well I sure did it good - now I have to sand most of those and then paint them and recover some also..yeah...
Good thing I stocked up on some Heirloom White right?
So, here is a closer look at my stack of chairs - BEFORE.

And here is one in midstream. It now has about 3 coats of heirloom white on it and it will be distressed with some sandpaper then put a bit of glaze on it before it gets it's new seat- of burlap or linen.. ummm delicious.

Above is a little dressing stool..it is painted in heirloom white also and is awaiting a seat covered in toile with some trim.

Now what do you get with a pile of porch balusters above
and some Christmas trees bought on clearance below?

You will have to wait and see.
Well back to my work zone...please send some cooler weather my way please.

5 comments:

  1. Neat little work zone! Love the chair so far it will look so awesome with burlap!

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog today. I like the picture of your house that you have posted at the top of the blog - I love houses that have really big front porches like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have a chair fettish also. I love chairs of all kinds, and always seem to find one that I want every where I go. Yours look just gorgeous. I havn't painted any yet, but that is next on my list. I can't wait to see all of your finished. I also wanted to let you know that the next "Cloche Party" is scheduled for Sept. 11th for the Fall season. Grab the button on my sidebar to remind you and to let all of your friends know. See you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great projects your working on...We are going into the 40's tonight...Only low 60's tomorrow here in Mich., It's amazing when everyone else seems to be suffering from the heat! We're freezing our buns off !!Lol, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE mismatched chairs as well.
    Cheri
    www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete