And the stockings were hung by the chimney with care....

I promised to show you the stockings up close and personal.  Well here they are:

 They are done in ticking, a fabric from Ikea that reminds me of old dish towels and of course the tried and true burlap.  
I used various fabrics for the cuff then adorned them with trims from my stash.
I love them. 
I do have customers who crave bolder, contemporary fabrics with a bit of raz so I will be making some for them and will share them when finished.

We have our Holiday Open House at the Carolina Artists' Colony on November 5 from 
4-7 pm.  So, of course I need to get this stuff done. 
My bestie Liz arrives for a visit around Halloween and her talents will be put to use to help me reset the booth into a winter wonderland.  
She rocks at displays. 

Back to my "Santa studio", 

2 comments:

  1. Girl! I see you've been keeping busy! I love that ticking fabric. By the way, my brother-in-law and his family are now living in Virginia so I won't have an excuse to be in Southern Pines for awhile. I'm so sad! That has been a regular haunt of mine for the past 12 years and I am going to miss it!

    ReplyDelete