Birds are in flight

The birds are finished. They were a bit tedious but look so good in the end. Take a look. I tried to do a more professional picture by actually taking some time to set up the vignette. Twice Remembered Cottage does such awesome still lifes that I try to learn from her. It does take a bit longer but the picture is so much nicer for it. These are the birds all done. 

Here they are at the beginning with one coat of spray primer. All the birds were either dark bronze color or a rusty- UT Hook 'em Horns color. Now we are not against UT just not appropriate for pretty birds :)

Here are some with their coat of robins egg paint from Glidden.

Here is a close up of one with a very pale robins egg blue and some glaze over that. Gorgeous I think. 

Next we have the more bold robins egg blue with glaze.

Lastly I did some plain white ones with a bit of distressing done with some sandpaper.

Here they all are together for one last shot. Notice I did do two trays in the same technique.
Now I am off to do about 5 lampshades..
Isn't creating fun? 
Haven't done a party in so long so I am linking up to two:
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage
Strut Your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple
Check them out they always have tons of awesome ideas to share.

14 comments:

  1. Love the little birds! Turned out really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!! They are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your birdies! I did some too but the blue you picked is just heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy they look so pretty and springlike! Love them, love them. The two shades of blue are delish, I tell ya :)

    I spent the day painting and glazing too...mirrors in my case. Now to hang them *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! I have looked for these birds and not seeing them anywhere! Must be you snatched them all up, lol. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them!
    Following you over from Shabby Chic Cottage!
    I am a follower!
    Please stop by!
    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's posts like these that make me long for Spring. Love your birdies! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, Tammy! Love the photo vignette too! :)

    I wonder - do you think I'd need a special kind of paint to paint an old concrete flower pot, or do you think I could just use house paint?
    Love the colors you chose & the glaze!!!

    Zu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. This is such a great idea, they would make perfect gifts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very, very cute! I have a wooden cake plate I've been wanting to paint... never thought about using it for something other than a cake! cool beans!
    thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment on my cane back chair redo. Your kind words are appreciated.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new look, Tammy. I'm talking about your header....

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful. I found some very similar...if not exactly the same...but they were already painted some lovely neutral colors. I love your blue ones tho.

    Blessings, Grace

    ReplyDelete