Have Stuffing?

What does one do with fabric and bags of stuffing?
Well in my case I sew pillows. I have a show coming up the first weekend of October and after the last weekend painting so much I wanted and needed a break from the paint fumes. Seriously, I don't know why kids like to huff- I had headaches all weekend from spray paint.
So, yesterday and today I downloaded images from free sites and put them on fabric and then sewed away. Here is a look at the pile. I do need to find a way to do them faster though.
 
Here are three that I like- I either did them plain or added flanges and ribbon to perk them up a bit. 
Here are two that are correspondence themed. One is a post card and one is a letter. Very cute if you ask me.


And here are two with crowns. The large one is burlap with some fun black fringe and the smaller one is linen with - what could be more fun - mini pompoms.

I still need to do about 10 more but that is a good start. I had fun and that was a nice break from the endless painting. I am not so sure this twice a year show is a good idea. Maybe doing some smaller inventories and selling them to shops is a better way to go. We shall see.
Oh and no the dang kitchen is not done, we are STILL working on it between this show stuff. I will post pics when it is done - not before as then it motivates me to get it done.
Have a great Friday all...

2 comments:

  1. Tammy I LOVE those pillows!
    Do you ship to Canada?
    Great job, girl!
    ~ Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy, Those pillows are fabulous! I found your blog doing an image search for butcher block countertops. Your kitchen is looking amazing!
    I also sew and have saved some images to do just what you've done with these pillows. I just haven't had time to get to it. Did you print your image onto iron on transfer paper or did you print directly onto fabric? I've see where you can iron freezer paper onto muslin and run it through a printer, but I've never tried it.

    ReplyDelete