PARTY TIME


Well it is party time again. What kind of party you ask? Well it is a party to show off and share the spaces we use to CREATE. Yes you can get some peeks and glimpses into everyones personal space that is used to create their treasures. Some create for business, some for hobby but I am sure all for the love and fun of it. You may find some ideas that you can use in your own space. So, after looking at mine head on over to Karen's at My Desert Cottage to see her space and many others. Now enjoy the tour.


I know, I know you are saying- what the heck that is a dining room at Christmas time. And well you'd be right. It is or was my dining room. But after looking at it sit empty most of the year merely to be a room for a couple of big family meals and a room to decorate for such times I decided with the blessing of my family to commandeer it into my craft studio or space. Studio sounds so professional to me and I am clearly not professional as you will see.


This is my space to create. Please ignore some of the mess but I am in the midst of getting ready for a show the beginning of October with my sister- yes we are taking the leap to fulfill a dream of being creative and sell our treasures.  This is a view looking in from the Butlers Pantry - which is being converted to my home office but that is another story. My sister made the letters for me that say PLAYTIME.  I wanted to be reminded that I am creating for a job so to speak but that it always must be playtime or it has lost its spark.  The cabinets over to the left are old upper kitchen cabinets (we're demoing the kitchen so figured repupose for storage). They will get redone to be beautiful after October. But for now they are doing their job. In the back left corner are all my rolls of upholstery fabric..love them. Also there is a store wire rack to hold all my scrappy paper in that mess . :)

 
This is the other side of the room with the fireplace- yeah how many of you can say you have a fireplace in your space? Seriously, though my kitchen island will go there when we take it out. That corner to the right is the kids space. I felt it was very important to allow my little boy and girl room to create on their own. They join me all the time to make their own treasures. With so many cutbacks in our schools I wanted to be sure that art and the creative process would not be lost on my children. And believe me they seem to have more time than I do to use this room.

 
This is the view from the hallway..it shows the back workspace under the wonderful windows that bring in sooooo much sunshine in the afternoon. It makes the room quite hot so need to come up with some treatments for those windows. I also have cabinets under those windows in that nook. It holds all my metals, woods, florals, and such that need to be worked on.
Notice I haven't gotten around to taking down the very formal window coverings...hmmm Need to come up with something fun there. Oh have to do that later on.

 
This is another view of the playtime wall. It has bookcases that span the wall and meet an old library drawer unit at the window. The drawer unit holds all my small scrap book stuff..and the wall of bookcases holds all the other scrapbook and paper products. See a couple of stools I am working on for my booth in October?


A closer shot of the wall of paper filled bookcases. Please excuse the mess. I just got this room back to somewhat of a working place after putting in the kitchen cabinets and well some is just "put" there to be organized a bit more.


 
This is my cabinet full of fabric. I'd like to say it has a great organizational aspect but not really. It is sectioned off between clothing fabric and upholstery and then by color..that is as good as it gets here.

 
Here is a storage area I am quite proud of. I love to display but in this room it needs to be functional also..So I found this bird cloche at TJMaxx and it is used to hold all my fat quarters..Beauty and storage how fun. I also love and adore old mason jars so they store anything I can get into them- buttons, embroidery thread, you name it.



 
And my fave storage item is the springs from my daughters antique iron baby bed. It is my inspiration board. I just clip ideas onto it and think of her as a baby everytime I see it. Also being iron it holds all those cool magnetic little tins.

Lastly is my outdoor creative workshop. Okay yeah it is a tarp in front of my husbands workshop. He didn't really want me painting in the workshop so my dad erected this for me and it is working great. Well if it would stop raining and cool off a bit it would be even better but we do with what we have. I hope to have a workshop at some point but this is working fine for me now. See the adorable little boy there- just had to include him.


Thanks for taking my tour and now head on over to Karen's to see more.


32 comments:

  1. Wow! So glad you joined the party so I could find you! Great Space! Thanks, for sharing! Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your craft room. What a treat to have so much space. Love it and all the really fabulous storage you are creating. Great job. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chickadee!
    Great space love the way you stored your fabric!
    Big mermaid hugs

    toodles-
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh~my~gosh!! I LOVE the fabric in the birdcage idea!! I have the antique crib springs from Hubbys Baby bed up on a wall too. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings~LillySue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love old homes, every corner has character. Your creative room is so spacious and charming. Isn't it fun to make it over?
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the birdcage full of fabric --- i'll have to come back and see more of what you do. Thanks.


    cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would so much love to have this much room. Beautiful! Truly fabulous!

    Thanks for sharing your charming space!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know seems a little small...Kidding! Look at all that room. I love it! Coming from my cramped quarters. Super fantastic space. I am happy for you. Yummy fabrics. Love the clors you have selceted for the room too.

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oopse there I go again....colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little one is so cute, of course you had to include him, what else?! You have so much space, great and I love that bird cloche idea. Thanks for sharing and thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tammy! Well, your new space is well on it's way. I know it will be amazing!!! I too love the idea of the fabric in the birdcage cloche. Thank
    you so much for playing with us today. I've really enjoyed my look around!
    BTW.. I wish you all the success with your show!!!


    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tammy!
    Wow girl, I think you can say that you are the ONLY girl with a fireplace in your creative space! Fancy!!!! ;)
    Hey, I agree. If there's a space in the house that's not being used...utilize it for something that can be enjoyed! You are well on the way to making it a beautiful and inspiring room. I love the idea of the baby bed spring and the bird cloche...you are very talented indeed.
    Good luck with your show!!!
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabric in a birdcage who woulda thunk it!! Graet space!
    Lynn-trashtotreasureart

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the tarp! It is so very bohemian. What a beautifully creative space you live in! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance at this lovely event; please do stop by for a visit soon!

    Enjoy the party!

    Warm Wishes,

    Natasha
    www.lifeafterdarkjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your work in progress! I would have to have a small curl up and dream space by that fantastic fireplace! I used repurposed cabinets in my space too. They work out great. You are so blessed to have such a bright and beautiful space. I love that you are creating artful memories with your children. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tammy ~ What a great family you have to let you have the dining room. I think it is excellent you have a place in there for your children to find the creative selves too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the birdcage with fabric inside, what a cute idea! Your space looks great, I hope all goes well with your sale in October!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the baby bed springs...what a great use for them and to remind you of beautiful memories!
    Dancingly, Denise
    www.dancinglydenise.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello
    Thanks so much for stopping by today I enjoyed your visit. Your studio is fabulous. Such a large area and with a fireplace wow
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah (Blog Guidebook) BradfordJuly 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM

    Totally love your LARGE room with all the creative stuff going on, and I wish I had a tarp/tent to paint and sand under. I'm thinking of creating a booth of some sort so I don't get dust and leaves stuck in my paint!
    Your house looks gorgeous! Wish we had some room like that.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Tammy, wonderful! I love your stuff! I turned our dining room into my creative space too. come see!
    :) Missy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Craft time is Play Time. I love repurposing items, and your old kitchen cabinets will be fabulous! What an exciting adventure you will have creating your new space. Hope you have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your space! The colors are pretty, and I am envious of all the neat tools you have! I am very late in responding, but I wanted to thank you for stopping by! :) Glad you liked my "bubble pleats." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Tammy,

    What a lovely room and yes, it's nice to have a fireplace in there...adds that special touch! :0)
    I like the outside space too! Good luck on your first show and adventure in selling your goods...

    Please drop by my blog to see my "studio on progress". I just recently moved into our home and have been remodeling for almost three months..it's almost done. (I think!) :0)

    See ya,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your creative space is fabulous! Wow - you are one busy gal! You have some great storage ideas - I like the bird cage holding the fat quarters! Great idea! I'll have to try something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your space! Especially the letters PLAYTIME on the wall! So unique and fun! (Come visit me too!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, I would love an outdoor space...you are a lucky girl with such a large room and an outdoor space to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's a great space! So much room! Divine!

    -c
    yapping cat

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooooh - I love your home, and your workspace is so fun! The fireplace adds so much to the room. Thanks for sharing!

    :-) Molly

    ReplyDelete
  30. Still trying to get through to everyone's creative spaces. I love the space you've put together in your dining room. Might as well put that valuable square footage to work. :-) It will be amazing with all of the kitchen cabinets for storage, and your fixed up antique finds. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fun space Tammy! Love the playtime sign! Made me smile right away!
    Thanks for taking me on a tour!
    bunny hugs,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love to have that much space for both my roms. Oh, it's delightful. Come visit with me and we'll giggle about all the spaces, chickee...........
    xoxo
    Connie

    ReplyDelete